GC-MS Applications Specialist - UK/Ireland
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South East, UK & IrelandSouth Central, UK & IrelandEast Midlands, UK & IrelandWest Midlands, UK & IrelandLondon, UK & IrelandHome Counties, UK & IrelandEast Anglia, UK & IrelandUK Wide, UK & Ireland|
|Sector||ScientificScientific - Application Support|
|Salary||£40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus + car + benefits|
As the GC-MS Applications Specialist, you will be responsible for delivering expert technical advice/training to customers and the sales team across the UK/Ireland. In addition, you will deliver 'best in class' product demonstrations on the company's Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry product portfolio.
Core responsibilities as GC-MS Applications Specialist - UK & Ireland
- Responsible for the company's gas chromatography and mass spectrometry products through product demonstrations, application development, customer support and scientific events.
- Provide high quality and effective pre and post-sales support.
- Top class delivery of customer demonstrations, demo reports, application methods, and customer training.
- Participate in the development of training materials and programs in conjunction with sales, service and marketing teams.
- Attend and support through technical and business presentations, when required, tradeshows, user meetings, and customer seminars.
- Be responsive to customers' needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them and work independently to manage customer relationships.
This global organisation is renowned for its innovative analytical instruments, lab equipment, and specialty diagnostics that provide rapid and accurate results for the research, clinical and applied markets. They offer cutting-edge products to their customers, and outstanding training, support, and development to their employees. The company actively promotes from within so there are genuine opportunities to progress your career once you've proven yourself.
In order to apply you should meet all or most of the following criteria:
- Degree or higher in a chemistry or biochemistry subject (Forensic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry etc.)
- Hands-on Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry experience essential.
- Experience with Triple Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer's and related software desirable.
- Applications support experience desirable however a commercially astute scientist with the relevant technical skill set will be considered.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Have the ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to act independently and work cross-functionally.
- Effective at building customer relationships.
- MUST be prepared to travel across the UK/Ireland and to head office.
- Basic salary of £40-50,000, depending on experience, with a bonus
- Company car
- Benefits include: pension, private healthcare, life assurance, 25 days holiday
- Personal development plan with regular product and skills training
- Genuine opportunity for career development